Transfer news: Brighton finally reveals the only condition for Caicedo to join Chelsea
The manager, Roberto De Zerbi revealed that he had been assured that the 21-year-old midfielder will stay at the club this summer unless Chelsea meet their valuation.
Having allowed the likes of N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic, Mason Mount and Ruben Loftus-Cheek leave this summer, new Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen on bringing in Caicedo.
Chelsea’s first and second bids of £60m and £70m have been turned down by the Seagulls who are holding out for £100m for the midfielder.
Chelsea hope to grind Brighton down but De Zerbi has been reassured that, as things stand, the South American will be part of his squad again next season.
“I spoke with Tony Bloom [the club’s owner] and he told me if the condition doesn’t change, Moises stays with us,” De Zerbi said at a press conference on Friday.
“For me, it should be great news because it is difficult to find another great player. If Moises leaves, we have to find another player of the same level.
“At the moment, I have not received news that Caicedo can leave tomorrow or in the next week. I will start next season with Caicedo in my head in the first XI for sure.”