I should never have answered Todd Boehly’s call this season; It was a trap; Brighton CEO Paul Barber said

I should never have answered Todd Boehly’s call this season; It was a trap; Brighton CEO Paul Barber said.

Brighton CEO have opened up that he lost a lot by answering Todd Boehly’s call earlier this season and it is not what many people might think including you.

Brighton had lost Graham Potter to the call the Brighton CEO answered during the beginning of the season and also they lost the Champions league winning manager too but that is not the case.

It has certainly not been smooth sailing since Potter came in though. Until recently, they were on a run of two wins in 17 games.

Nevertheless, Barber has claimed he is disappointed that he lost his former manager to the Blues.

Brighton CEO said;

“When Todd Boehly calls you at 7:30 on a Tuesday morning it’s never gonna be to invite you to breakfast! It was a call I wish I hadn’t taken because Graham was doing a great job and we were enjoying working with him and again, when someone does well and their profile increases and they’re on other club’s radars, you know that calls going to come sooner rather than later.

“I was just a little bit sleepy that morning, didn’t realise what I was letting myself into when I answered it and then of course I realised I’d fallen into Todd’s trap. From that point of view, we’d been looking at Roberto [De Zerbi] for about two years.”

The Seagulls’ fortunes have maintained high since Potter left the club, with his replacement leading them to an FA Cup semi-final last weekend.

It is reported that Barber may be expecting more calls from Boehly this summer. The Blues have a reported interest in midfield duo Moises Caicedo and Alexis Mac Allister.

Leave a Reply

Adblock Detected

We detected Ad Blocker Please consider reading this notice. We have detected tjhat you are using Ad Blocker plus or some other ad Blocking Software please consider turning the AdBlocker off
Verified by MonsterInsights